I did a radio interview last week on healthy lifestyle changes and I wanted to share these great tips with the Bob Caputo Living Well readers (click the play button below to listen to it!). Making changes to your lifestyle is not as intimidating as one might think. All you have to do is make simple adjustments to improve your overall health. There are a few quick/easy things we can do. Here are some tips!
First diet is simple. I like to tell people to avoid the white foods: sugar, white bread, white pasta, white rice, cheese and white potatoes. There are some white foods that are good of course such as chicken breast and fish but most are just a ticket on the train to a bigger belt size.
Never skip a meal. You will just be super hungry the next meal and overeat. I like to eat 5 or six times a day. 3 or 4 meals and 2 healthy snacks. Again this controls my impulse to eat huge meals as I am never hungry.
Use grapeseed, coconut or olive oils when you cook. Avoid butter or any fats that are solid at room temperature
Also, here are some of the questions I answered!
- A healthy overall lifestyle is very important. What makes an overall healthy lifestyle?
- Why is diet and exercise equally important in overall health?
- What are simple changes people can make to change their overall health?
- Bob, I understand you went through a transformation yourself. How did you do it?
- Any advice for listeners out there who want to make a change for the better in regards to their overall health?
Click here for eHealth Radio’s page about Bob Caputo and BCLW!