Steak Fajita Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb of flank steak or skirt steak
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 bell peppers of various colors, sliced lengthwise into strips
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 fresh Jalapeño pepper, seeded, ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded Lettuce
- Soy or Fat Free Sour Cream
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Mix all marinade ingredients.
- Coat the steak with the marinade and let it sit at room temperature for an hour, or longer in the fridge.
- Before you cook the meat, wipe off most of the marinade
- Sprinkle the steak with salt.
- Cook the steak on a grill or grill pan until rare or medium rare (125-130 degrees)
- Remove and let sit, tented with foil, for 5 minutes.When the oil is hot, add the onions and bell peppers.
- Let them sear for 1 minute before stirring, then stir every 90 seconds or so as the veggies sear.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes total.
- Slice the meat against the grain into thin slices.
- Serve immediately with salsa, shredded lettuce, soy or fat free sour cream,guacamole and warm flour tortillas.