Orange Chiffon Cake
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1.5 cups Splenda
- 1 1⁄3 cups cake flour (Not All Purpose Flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For added orange flavor if desired ½ Tablespoon Orange Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- With mixer running, slowly add 2 tablespoons Splenda and whip until just stiff and glossy, about 1 minute; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, remaining Splenda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the juice, oil, egg yolks, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the juice mixture to the flour mixture and combine until smooth.
- Lighten the batter by mixing about ⅓ of the whipped egg whites into the batter
- Fold in ½ of in the remaining whites, until well combined.
- Fold in the remaining egg white until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into 16-cup ungreased tube pan (Angel Food Cake Pan)
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cracks in cake appear dry.
- Cool, inverted, to room temperature, about 3 hours.
- Separate the cake from the pan by scraping a sharp knife pointed at the pan around the edge of the pan, the center post and the bottom of the pan.