- 2 Tbls Grape seed oil
- 1 small Sweet onion
- ½ Lb White button mushrooms, (you can add other kinds or a mixture of mushrooms or even wild mushrooms if you like.)
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 Sprig fresh thyme
- ½ Tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ Cup Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbls Sugar Free Honey (Optional)
- Finely chop the onion
- Clean and coarsely chop the mushrooms. Discard the stems.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until wilted and starting to brown.
- Add the sherry, thyme, optional honey, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the sherry is nearly all evaporated.
- Add the parsley and cook for just a few seconds.
- Serve chilled with Lite and Easy Croutons