- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese sliced 1/4-inch thick*
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly-ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a circular design around the side of a serving plate, alternate fresh mozzarella slices on a large platter with sliced tomatoes
- Tear fresh basil leaves and sprinkle liberally over the slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, drizzle on some olive oil.