- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 small Onion finely Chopped
- 4 Chicken Breasts skinless
- 28 ounce Plum Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Basil
- 6 ounce Dry Red Wine
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dry Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Put the olive oil on a high heat.
- Fry the chopped onion until it turns a golden brown.
- Remove the onion
- Chop the chicken breasts into 2 pieces per breast
- Brown on all sides, then remove and place on a plate.
- Reduce to medium.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and allow to reduce almost to a syrup.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the browned chicken, stir, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat, and allow to simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste.